Tuesday, June 29, 2010

An Observation

Death does not discriminate. It takes whomever it pleases. I know that after years of life I should know this, especially with my particular life experience. This summer I have heard of the deaths of two people that I did not know but were known by people around me. I have watched it devastate the families of first a 10 year old and then a 21 year old.

My heart broke yesterday as my nephews learned that young healthy people are some times taken away from us far too soon.

I wondered about God. Does God discriminate? That is a whole blog in and of itself.

I have been reminded that our time here is short. We often don't know just how short. So today when I find myself living for the moment I won't let my more practical voice slow me down.

Yesterday, I was able to hold the people I care about for awhile. I am going to just embrace that and leave you. For as grateful as I find myself most days. I can not be grateful for the death of a young man way too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment