Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Best Feeling!

So today I have what Paul and I are calling a moving hang over. Yesterday we helped some friends move. There was lots of stuff. Lots of stairs. Lots of babies. Today all day I felt like I stayed out late drinking. I had no such adult beverage. I was tired had a head ache couldn't motivate myself to do anything. I did take a shower and then we ran out to the store to pick something up.

As we were getting out of the car I heard foot steps running up behind me. There was one of my former youth groups so excited to see me and Paul. He is still a teenager but left his friend on the street to run over and hug us and high five the baby. Other than me be in a panic that the dog would try to eat him because he was running at me, it was the best feeling.

Here is a 15 year old boy running to see his former youth workers leaving his friend to do so.

It was so awesome. I knew that even though I am not working with the kids right now that in the past I must have done something right. I love seeing my former students. Living on a main corner makes it easy. I get waves regularly as they drive by. Hugs aren't as often. It's good to know that you did make a difference.

Anyhow in this time of discernment where I am considering where to focus my ministry it helps me to see that Youth Ministry will always be a part of my life. Even if it isn't direct and hands on all the time. Once you do youth work you are always a youth worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment