Friday, February 4, 2011

Everyday

In July of 2008 I traveled to Africa. I spent time in Burundi and Uganda. In both countries I met people who didn't have access to water let alone clean water. It was either from the Nile River or wells 8 miles away to be reached on foot.

Everyday when I first wake up I feed my dog and cat. As part of the morning routine I give them fresh water. Every single day since July of 2008 I have thought about how my pets get easier access to clean water than a good portion of the worlds population. Let's not even talk about nutrition.

The only real circumstance that separates me and my family and my African friends and their families is where we were born.

Today I am grateful for the little things that I could easily over look.
May you be blessed today by easy access to clean water.

No comments:

Post a Comment