Thursday, November 17, 2011

Do Grades Matter?

The long and short of it is I got a midterm back with a grade I didn't like. Nor did I understand how it was graded. Basically it was in sections I aced all but one section for which I lost 45 of 50 points. This brought my near A down to a C. I feel like the grading was really inconsistent. On the one hand I passed and I am happy with that. I can do an extra assignment if I want to bring up my grade, I would like to bring up my grade but not the extra work so its in the air. I don't know how to handle the situation which was only amplified when I found out how well my friends did.

I guess in reality I should go talk to the professor so that at the very least I can work on my form for that sort of question come the final exam.

In the end though do grades matter? When I leave here I have the same degree with a C average as I do with an A average. I just really don't like Cs, unless we are talking Hebrew in which case I embrace them, I like As and I have been dealing with Bs. How do I get back to my A days? Do I need to?

All I can say is I am grateful for Cs over Fs. Something I became very familiar with my last go round at seminary.

No comments:

Post a Comment