Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Crappy Day

So today has been crappy. There is no other way to put it. It started with month two of no commission check from my hubby's job. Which led to an argument about need verses want. Then out to do the pay day errands. I successfully made it through my errands resisting all the material possessions I didn't need to bring home. I mentally tallied all the things that we would have to wait to be paid off another month. I worried for a few moments about how I would pay for things in the coming months.

Then I headed out to the grocery store where the dreaded buses sat and the produce department was less than stellar. My total was a little bit more than I anticipated. I came home and unpacked our rations for the next two and a half weeks. I was relieved that for the most part my work was done for the day.

As I folded up the reusable shopping bags I heard a yell from the next room, Rebecca come see this! There was my girl in her walker playing peek a boo. Understanding what she was doing looking all grown up. My eyes welled up with tears. Tears for what I am not sure. Joy, exhaustion maybe both. No matter what they were for they melted the stress of the day away.

My heart is filled with gratitude for those little moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment