Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hard to Wake up

I woke up this morning earlier than usual to the sounds of a screaming baby. I am not quite sure what was going on as Paul had her, proven by his absence in our bed. I got up anyway because she normally doesn't scream like that. Her problem you ask, she simply did not want her diaper changed. I have been up since. Paul and Lilia have gone back to bed. Which they both probably needed to do. I would love love love more sleep. However I have stayed up for a variety of reasons. In all honesty I am feeling a little cranky. I have little sleep. My toe nails that I worked so hard on painting yesterday got ruined by a pair of socks and I need to redo them. I am attempting to get out the door to church. It just feels flustering and frustrating.

So I stopped myself from going down that road. It's only nail polish after all. I can nap later. The mess in the house will still be here. I am grateful for Paul who let me sleep in an extra hour because he got up with Lilia. I am so blessed to have a husband who doesn't think baby care is all mom's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment