Monday, July 12, 2010

For his Life

I know that I have been horrible about updating this blog. It's hard to blog when you are trying to only blog those things for which you are grateful. It is by far easier to complain about what you don't have gratitude. Anyhow, I made a whole list today and was determined to write them up here.

However this evening I learned of the American killed in the Kampala attacks, Nate Henn. I do not know Nate although I think I would have liked to have known him. Nate was working with the Invisible Children. In short they are an amazing group that is fighting for the child soldiers abducted in Northern Uganda. I highly recommend the film. I do not work directly with the organization but I follow their cause closely. I often join in their letter campaigns. I was very saddened by the loss of this volunteer.

I do not understand these attacks and now Bujumbura is also threatened where I have more friends. What are the chances that the two cities I visited are threatened? I am so confused and feel so personally affected by all this. However I will save my feelings in bulk for another time.

Tonight I would like to thank God for the life of Nate, a stranger but a kindred soul. Nate you are truly a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment