Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bad Parents?

Last night Lilia went to bed probably two hours early than she normally does. Although normal is kind of relative because it changes. So our little night owl was asleep by 8 last night. Whew! Momma was in bed shortly there after. Of course she woke up at 3 and then at 4 at which point Paul clumsily brought her in our bed. She was restless until 5. Thinking there was a teething problem I brought in a cup of water, teething tabs and a clean diaper. This all just woke her up more. So I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed and plopped her into her playpen much to her demise. She started to cry and I waited it out and she started to play. Then out of no where she starts screaming. So I get out of the chair and fumble with my slippers and angrily mutter shut up already under my breath. I feed her breakfast in my arms because she is now so upset I can't put her down. She calms. I hand her off to Paul while I fix her a bottle and I give her a bottle too. This is not our norm but she just seemed to need it.

Five minutes after the bottle she was sound asleep on my lap at 6 am. She of course peed all over me and I had to go change her and she woke up. Then I got her back to sleep in her crib.

All I can think is OMGosh, we were starving our kid and getting mad at her for protesting and didn't even know it! I could venture into a million reasons why we didn't think to feed her. However, I will just end with we screwed up and hopefully next time we will do better.

1 comment:

  1. steps to being a better parent:

    Ready?

    1. Breathe
    2. Cut yourself some fing slack. Lilia is blessed with two loving parent's-not monsters.We all make mistakes-you and she will be fine i am confident.

    ReplyDelete