Thursday, June 9, 2011

Relationships

I began starting this blog with an apology but I deleted it. I am not going to apologize or justify what I am feeling and now saying. As the move gets closer I know that I am leaving a lot of people I love behind. I also noticed that some people changed the moment we announced the move, others didn't they stayed just the same as they always had been. So I did something totally out of character, I stopped investing in relationships that felt pretty one sided. It has become quickly apparent to me that I made the right decision. Letting go of relationships that weren't healthy was a really good thing. I also see who is invested in relationships, I see who is reaching out and making it a point to maintain relationships. One sided relationships are a drag. They are exhausting and they slow you down.

I am glad that I figured this out now and not after we move and I try to keep up relationships. I think I can see pretty clearly which relationships are going to survive the move. I am sad though too that for some people the relationships didn't seem worth keep up on. I am not sure what happened. I am not going to sit here and try to figure it out either. My only regret is that I didn't figure this out sooner.

Today I am grateful for the people who not only love us and support us but invest in our relationships.

May you be blessed by one really fantastic relationship in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment