Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Average Day

Today was an average day save the early summer temperatures. However I find myself digging deep to find the gratitude, having a two year old is hard work, a tired two year old who only napped 20 minutes that you must must must keep awake until at least 7:30 when you go pick your husband up from work is even harder, a tired two year old when you had only 4 hours sleep and can think of nothing but napping is dam near impossible. Then I am looking around the house at the chores for the day that still aren't done like dusting and laundry and I remember that I never went across the way to get quarters for said laundry and the office is now closed. I also still have a brief paper to write and reading to do for tomorrow. It feels like an endless cycle. I am absolutely exhausted. I am sitting here feeling defeated by life. At least next week I am off and have minimal work to be done, even if it just means sitting here with Lilia because Paul is always working.

Today the gratitude I can find lies in all the change that has happened. We have been here for 7.5 months and today I ran all my errands with out the GPS. I knew where I was going and how to get there. That's a step in calling a new place a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment