Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Haircut

I usually don't go to salons for hair care. I am a do it yourself girl, salons are a luxury I am used to because I grew up as the daughter of a hair dresser/salon owner. Until now I have always had someone to do my hair for me. After nearly a year of just getting it trimmed when I saw my mother and coloring it myself I went last night and cut off a good portion of my hair and had it colored at a beauty school here in town which means it was affordable but took nearly 4 hours. There is nothing extraordinary about my haircut. I like it. I like the color. I like the fresh new look. I really enjoyed being pampered though, getting your hair washed might be one of the best things in the world.

Today I am grateful for the little luxuries in life.
May you be blessed in the enjoyment of something simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment