Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Test

Tests generally do not make me nervous. I might have a little anxiety about them but I really don't worry about them too much. (Well unless it's a pregnancy test those always make me nervous.) Tomorrow I am taking a huge test, the Bible Content Exam, I have spent a good portion of the last two weeks preparing for it. If I fail it, I can take it again, so it's not that big a deal until you factor in I have to pay another $100 to take it again. It is a 100 question test, so that's a dollar per question and there is no prize money. Here's the other thing, I don't study for tests, but this one I have had to study for and it's freaking me out. This morning I am already a ball of nerves I can't imagine what tomorrow morning is going to be like. I don't know how to best make use of my study time today.

Here is one last complication, LG has been fighting off a back to school cold for a week. Guess who woke up with a sore throat and upset stomach this morning?  The stomach I am blaming on nerves or just the general irritability of my stomach. The throat though that's preschool germs at their best.

So if you are the praying kind, I would greatly appreciate your prayers as I take this exam tomorrow morning.

70 is not a grade I like but it is one I am striving for because it gets me the magic passing grade.

The good in all this is that I have spent a lot of time reading the bible the last two weeks. There is so much beauty and inspiration in there.

Today I am grateful for the inspired word of God which is still speaking, particularly to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment