Monday, August 27, 2012

We had Watermelon and it was ok...

Yesterday I wrote about my issues with gender and ministry and how I was struggling as a woman to juggle both roles of mother and church leader. I have to tell you what happened, I woke up yesterday at 6 in order to bake cookie bars for the lunch after church. At 9:30 they were cool enough to cut, so I got the plate and knife out and I started cutting them up. That's when I discovered they were raw in the middle, even though I tested them twice when I took them out of the oven. There was nothing I could do, we stopped at the food store on the way, bought a watermelon, found a knife and a tray and that was that.

It was alright that I brought a watermelon and not a home baked treat. We survived and no one knew the difference.

I am grateful for learning to relax a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment