Monday, October 22, 2012

Frost

Last week we had our first really good frost overnight. I looked out the window that morning and thought ok we need jackets today. LG looked out the window and yelled, "Mommy, there is ice on the car!" We went through our morning as usual. When we walked out to get in the car for school, she saw the frost was all over the ground and screamed, "MOMMY IT SNOWED!" I saw that one coming, I explained it was frost and frost is a little different then snow and we looked at it. Then she exclaimed, "I have to step on it!" We walked across the street into the valley and she ran around leaving little foot prints and laughing. I slowed down and noticed that if you look closely at the frost, you can see the little ice crystals on each blade of grass.

LG was five minutes late to school that morning, I didn't care though, you only look at frost with wonder for so long in your life. I didn't want to kill that wonder even though I knew it would make us late. Along the way there, I rediscovered wonder as I slowed down and noticed the crystals on the grass blades. I hope she never looses the wonder, that frost never means grab a sweater to her.When she came home that afternoon she was very upset that the frost was gone, she decided it was hiding and sleeping in the trees.

Today I am filled with gratitude for frost, wonder and slowing down. 

May you be blessed in slowing down and noticing all that is good around you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment