Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just an Update

We have made it to the half way point in the Fall semester. I hope the second half goes equally as fast so I can recoup from the beginning of this one. The past few weeks have been incredibly stressful as I learn to juggle, school, family and an internship that requires 15 hours a week of my time. We finally have the apartment somewhat clean. Now maintaining it should be easy... in theory. I am yet again sick. I have had a cold for the first week of the month the past three months, it's getting old. This one has yet to leave, I thought I was on the up swing and then Wednesday night as I led youth group, bam! one sneezing fit and it all started all over again. My goal for this week off is to not only get caught up on things but to also get a lot of rest. Allowing myself time to get really good rest is difficult because there is always something begging for my attention from the moment my feet hit the floor in the morning. It starts with the cat and is followed shortly there after with the dog. I might get a few quiet moments before the humans arise. I guess it's all part of family life but when you are exhausted, every little thing makes you jumpy.

In much happier news, since starting my seven day a week school/internship schedule, I have been making it a point to spend time each week just for family activities. Last night we went to a Fall gathering at LG's school and had an our door movie night. As we sat there on the lawn cuddling, I knew I was made for motherhood. There is so much satisfaction in those moments when I get to have the time with my family I have always dreamed of. Last Saturday as I spent time on the farm with Paul and LG I felt the same way, as if I were living my dreams, for family anyway. I am rather enjoying these moments of strong affirmation in my call to motherhood, they will sustain me until the next round comes. There are certainly more moments when I think I wasn't cut out for this at all.

Today I am grateful for my little family and quality time spent with them and dreaming of the day when there are more of us laughing and enjoying time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment