Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Birthday Prayer

I thank you God for this day. I thank you for this life you have given me. I pray that I will use it to do your work, to create change in the world. To leave the world just a little better then when I arrived. I am so grateful for the many opportunities of my life thus far and will embrace the one's yet to come. I will not dwell today on my age and life gone by. I will rest gratefully knowing I am simply blessed. I have purpose and my gift is a life to use it. I am ready to embrace the future with your guidance God. So often we get stuck in the Earthly trappings of the anniversary of our births. Let me let the Earthly things float peacefully away and rest in my knowing your purpose and will.

May you hear the many quiet prayers of my heart.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment