Monday, January 31, 2011

Avoiding Church

Ever since my church leadership responsibilities have dwindled, I haven't really been in church. The thing is I couldn't tell you why. Lately it seems we just don't feel like it. Wrestling the baby for an hour is hard work. She doesn't want to sit still ever. Maybe that's it. Maybe it's because we are ending January and already four weeks behind on our offering. Maybe it's because community is great but also rather nosy.

The question becomes do I force it? If I don't want to leave the house on Sunday morning do I force myself to go anyway? Yesterday we went out for the day instead. Something we had all intentions of doing Saturday but was cut short by family wide digestive issues.

Maybe it's sometimes we need a real weekend with two whole days off?

I am not sure.
I don't know what it means.
I don't feel nearly as guilty as one would think.

Today I am grateful for adventures with my family and a day off.
May you be blessed with time to clear your head.

1 comment:

  1. don't feel guilty abs-you do what is right for you and the family. We miss you but we all need time off-when you have a wee one all the more reason to chill some times. I firmly believe the day you spend playing hooky from church but with Lilia may mean more to her in the long run that 100 Sunday's sitting in a pew.

    ReplyDelete