Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just Frustration

I apologize if you are coming here today looking for some uplifting, happy message. Today all I have for you is sheer frustration. I have been slowly changing my life style, making healthier choices, getting into a really good exercise routine. I can even tell you that I have almost completely killed my soda habit. I have been trying to eat balanced healthy meals. I have cut out nearly all snacking. I don't psych myself out with a scale. I don't even own one. I monitor my progress by how I feel and how my clothes fit.

So you will understand then when I tell you that I find my shirts are tighter in my arms and my pants tighter in the hips, I WANT TO SCREAM! Then I want to cry. If I could see no difference at all it would be better but tighter clothes are you kidding me? It makes me want to bake and eat an entire tray of brownies or cookies or some other thing I am not making and eating. I don't know why I am telling you this. I am usually pretty private about these things.

All I can say is I am trying not to let it get me down. I am trying not to think about how Paul dropped almost 30 pounds instantly when he stopped drinking soda. I am trying not to eat because I am frustrated, also a mental block for me, I am trying not to eat emotionally at all. I am trying to only eat because I have to in order to sustain life. So for now I am blaming muscle growth... but it doesn't make me any happier about it.

Today I am grateful that I live in a place where abundance of food causes me to stumble. Although I would trade it for everyone having enough food in a heart beat.
May you be blessed by speaking aloud a frustration in a kind manner and have grace with yourself when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment