Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tim

Last week we passed the 6 year mark, already. We lost him six years ago. I have been thinking about Tim a lot lately. Probably because his tree outside my window is drenched in tiny little green leaves. It is tall and full.

As Tim was dying for some reason he ordered all these tree saplings and shrubs and flowers for months after his death we were planting things, giving them away when we ran out of room. Only a couple of trees survived. Outside my bedroom window in a little open patch of grass there is a birch tree I believe. Actually it's two birch trees I hastily shoved in the ground trying to help them live. They are growing together into one beautiful tree. I am reminded of Tim daily as I look out at my little tree which isn't so little anymore. Tim was leaving a legacy. I don't know if that was his intention but it was his result.

I am sad that in a few months when we head west I can't take that tree with me. Maybe I will dry some of it's leaves.

Tim and I never had a good relationship until the very end. That is life as a teenager I guess. Tim didn't have any children of his own but I think despite all of my shoving away and general bitchiness he saw me that way. I wish I would have appreciated it sooner. Tim gave me a wedding I would have never had otherwise. He was passionate about politics. He really knew how to keep the lawn looking amazing, something I wish I picked up on. He knew how to love. He also keeps my collecting of things in check because he had 10 tape dispensers and probably had hording tendencies that kept us busy for a year after he passed away.

Tim was a character for sure. My life is better for having known him. May he rest in peace.

Today I am grateful for time well spent with others.
May you be blessed by the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment