Monday, July 25, 2016

Connecting

Broken Open...
This week I am at the Synod School for the Synod of the Lakes and Prairies. I came to this with my daughter, we tend to take one trip a year on our own. The theme this year is connecting with Jesus in an over connected world. There is a lot of focus on making friends while here, something I am not super interested in. Don't get me wrong I am sure there are tons of amazing people here, but I am just SO TIRED, I need time to refresh. I don't have the energy it takes for my introvert to be social right now. I am however getting in GREAT bonding time with my daughter who has been feeling the hectic schedule as of late. That in itself makes it worth it, this week I am just her mom and nothing else, I am not the pastor, or the class parent, or the housekeeper, or the cook. Just mom. I can see already how much she has needed this and how much I need to schedule more just mom time with her and make it a non negotiable with the rest of my schedule.

Today I took a class on contemplative photography, this is my image, which I would call broken open. I like how the walnut is in the shadow broken open but there is the hope of the light dancing all around it.

Today I am grateful for small encounters with God and big encounters with the most beautiful gift, my LG.

No comments:

Post a Comment