Thursday, July 28, 2016

Redeemed

Yesterday I wrote about a really negative experience. Today I want to share one that provided healing to that same hurt. Each evening a person has been sharing their personal story of grace. Tonight a fellow clergy person shared the story of working hard toward interfaith relations and being ridiculed in their town for doing so. A person who is showing deep love and faith, being met with hate and anger and "righteousness". I immediately thought this was both hard and awesome. When they finished speaking, there was a standing ovation. I teared up, because this is my beloved church, the ones who care deeply even when they have a long way to go.

Today I am grateful for redemption and reminders of how hard my colleagues are working and bringing love to the world. 

A few photos from today:




No comments:

Post a Comment