Sunday, July 31, 2016

Seven

It is hard to believe at the end of this week we will have a seven year old. Where has the time gone? I am telling you it was just yesterday I had that positive pregnancy test and now I have a kid who is getting her adult teeth, fighting for more independence, and sadly picking up a lot of attitude. Later this week we will eat pizza and paint pottery in celebration of her big day, for this occasion I made her a simple personalized apron today. I ironed on a graphic of a paint brush painting a sparkly rainbow and her name. I wasn't going to show her this little project until party day, I hung it in my room to cool off and she came in hours later and saw it. Her expression and the simple joy was priceless, something we need more of around here.

Today I am grateful for her and all the joy she brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment