Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This will forever be remembered as the Thanksgiving I thought my mom bought the farm. Which an hour ago didn't seem so funny, but now has me splitting my sides. I woke up at 5:15 something was wrong. It was quiet. First thought, did she finish the stuffing already? I couldn't smell anything, no onions or butter or toast. Next thought, OMG she died in her sleep! I smacked Paul, wake up! Huh what? It's 5:15 listen, Yeah it's quiet that's kinda nice, Paul it's Thanksgiving and it's 5:15 smell (I make an obnoxious sniffing noise). Something is wrong, why isn't she up. I stumble out of bed and go make sure my mother is alive, let alone awake and she was. PHEW!

Some more Thanksgiving memories.

The Thanksgiving we had a snow storm.
The Thanksgiving I drank so much apple cider I got sick.
The Thanksgiving when I was about 7 and my mom let me carry the crystal tray and I fell and shattered it.
The Thanksgiving I learned to make crumb topping because I didn't have enough pie crust.
The year we went to the Macy's Parade in NYC.
How about the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner and I made a 20 pound turkey with enough side dishes and appetizers for 20 people for 4 people?

I am sure more will come later.

May you be blessed with Gratitude today!

No comments:

Post a Comment