Sunday, March 13, 2011

Broken and Blessed

Today as I sat in church and prayed for sweet Mirembe, I listened to other prayers (prayer requests). My heart broke also for Molly a little girl born with out a face who is having a face surgically made over the course of many surgeries. These were just a few that stood out. There were more obvious things too like the people of Japan.

I hope the day never comes where I take for granted the health of my baby girl. I hope I never stop thanking God for her. Even on my worst day so far I have been able to remember what a blessing she is. I hope that never changes. I hope a moment never goes by where somewhere in my soul I am not thanking God for her.

It seems to me that we are so broken as a people and yet so blessed. For every sick child we prayed for, there were 50 well ones we didn't pray for.

Would you be so kind as to pray for Mirembe and Molly? Or any other child who is fighting an illness? If you have healthy kids take minute to hold them closer tonight and count your blessings or lucky stars that your child is safe and well. If you are reading this and you are the parent, grandparent, sibling, aunt, cousin, friend or any title you choose of a sick child. Know that you are on my heart. I don't have to tell you to hold your babies tight tonight because you already are.

Cancer is a scary word. Miracle is one that stirs up debate for many. I can tell you though first hand miracles happen. Healing does happen be it cancer or anything else. Never loose hope.

May you all know love and peace no matter what brings you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment