Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In an attempt to write everyday here I am. I haven't had much time to think today. I am in full on prepare for the party mode. Let nothing get in my way.

However here is a reflection from this Sunday's sermon...

Terry said in a story he was relating, we are sorry we don't sell fruit here just the seeds. He then illustrated this with a garden sort of narrative. My first thought was what if my garden is a metaphor for my life. I planted the seeds. I water them. I feed them. They grow. I pull the weeds, sort of, they get overwhelming. Sometimes I use the weed whacker but it leaves the roots. The tomato plants are great. The rest though they are growing and growing and flowering and growing and flowering some more but there is no "fruit" to be found.

Woah!

No comments:

Post a Comment