Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stepping into the Light

I don't know when it happened but at some point I closed myself slowly into a closet. A closet that was dark and small yet big enough to live in. In that dark place though it is very hard to really experience God. Excuses made prayers short and rarely heart felt. I slipped into this shallow God routine. I was cruising along in the dark leaving God out as best I could. Refusing to notice what was God's work. I got comfortable even if it felt hollow. Even though I know when I don't close myself off like that I am in a much better place.

Then something happened. My friend came and opened the door just a little (when it isn't your door you can't really do more than give it a nudge) and a tiny beam of light came in and shined on my closed heart. I pushed the door open a little more and the light rushed in and shined on my face.

So here I am today stepping into the light! Letting it wash all over my body and heal the wounds I have hidden for so long. I pray I have the courage to stay in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment