Friday, August 20, 2010

Noticing

The past few weeks I have been house sitting for friends of ours. At one of the houses I am more comfortable than I am in own home. Is that weird? I am not sure. I think it is. Then again my home really isn't my own. In this house there is room to breathe and I don't feel like I have to constantly be in a state of cleaning. Maybe because so little of what is in here is actually my own stuff. It has be resting where it's respective owners left it. It is of no concern to me if it feels out of place. There are a few little undone projects around here and if this were my house these things would make me crazy. However here I just didn't notice them after a few days. I wonder what this all means? Maybe it doesn't mean anything at all. What does it tell me about my stuff or the quantity of my stuff?

I am not sure of anything other than I am sad I have to leave soon and go back to a house where it feels like someone is sitting on my chest all the time. Where little bits of dirt no one will ever notice make me seem neurotic. It is all so strange but it has felt for the most part like a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment