Monday, August 2, 2010

Observations

1. Kids always swim with goggles on these days. I don't mean like we did where some one had a pair of goggles by the pool and we suctioned them to our faces and looked at each other. I mean won't go into the pool with out them. Come on kids get a grip we used to open our eyes in the ocean and the pool and the lake. We all survived. Is it bad that I want to call them all wimps? I never wore them to swim until I started wearing contacts and even then it is only if I am in a pool full of splashing kids. I just don't get it. Now I have pretty much guaranteed that Lilia is going to be a goggle wearing freak. I have also dated myself with a version of kids these days. Man up kids and be a real I - don't - care - what - is - in - my - eyes - I - am - having- fun kid!

2. I live near the ocean. This summer people have been seeing sharks in the ocean. People are hysterical over all this. News stories, videos the whole nine. It's the ocean people! You are going into their house to swim. Why are you surprised when they show up? I mean I know it isn't typical but the sharks are always in the ocean you just can't see them. There are lot's of other things in the ocean too like "killer" whales and raw sewage and garbage and oil. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean you are safe from it. Now when you see an elephant coming to shore let me know because that is news worthy. Take five seconds today and shed your I am human so I rule the roost because I am at the top of the food chain so the sharks need to leave my ocean attitude. Now remember that sharks can eat you and so can bears so stop being so darn cocky. Even a tiny black widow spider can take you down. Next notice that we are all here to SHARE the Earth not rule it so let's share it with our animal friends and stop being so selfish about all this. The ocean is their home don't forget it. Keep your ego in check.

Then again maybe it is all a ploy for Discovery Channel's Shark Week this week. HA HA HA HA HA

No comments:

Post a Comment